Watermelon Salsa Recipe
Today is the first day of summer and we ushered it in with a steamy 97° here in Virginia. In the heat of summer what is better than a delicious, light and refreshing watermelon salsa? I know that all the salsas were a huge hit at our Memorial Day party and they ran the gamut from traditional tomato based to apple and corn. I found myself telling everyone about watermelon salsa so I thought I better dig out my recipe and get ready for the 4th of July picnic!
Whether served with flatbread or crackers or simply sprinkled over salad greens this dish will a hit with your family and friends! A delightful change from tomato salsa, make sure to have the link to the recipe ready because your guests will be asking for it before they leave your next party!
- 3 cups Chopped seeded watermelon
- ½ cup Diced red or yellow bell pepper
- ¼ cup Diced Red Onion
- ¼ cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1 small Seeded & minced fresh jalapenos pepper
- 1 Tbsp Finely chopped basil
- ½ cup Lemon juice
- Hot pepper sauce, Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Mix all ingredients in medium bowl and refrigerate a minimum of one hour. Serve with flatbread, white tortilla chips or crisp crackers.