How to Make a Yummy Broccoli Salad
I am asked for this broccoli salad recipe all the time, especially during the summer, so I am amazed that I haven’t shared it with you before. So we’ll take care of that right now so that our GREAT friends, the Scisciani’s can add this to the dishes they can take and enjoy as they head out to the Outer Banks for a family vacation!
- 1 head of broccoli flowerettes cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small sweet or red onion; diced small
- ½ cup golden raisins or dried cranberries (or BOTH!)
- ¼ cup broken pecans or walnuts
- 6 slices of bacon; cooked, drained & crumbled*
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 TBSP white vinegar
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in separate, small bowl.
- Pour dressing over the vegetables and mix well.
- Allow the salad to sit approximately one hour for the flavors to meld.
This is such a simple recipe, quick to make and easy to transport whether to a vacation destination or a picnic on the James… regardless, I hope you enjoy!
So do YOU have a favorite cold vegetable salad? Please share in our comments!