Refreshing and EASY Cucumber Tomato Salad
What’s better on a hot and sultry summer day than a delicious (and easy) cucumber and tomato salad? I went digging through my recipe bos and found this one I thought I’d share with you before I share it with my family!
Now that you’ve got your cucumber all sliced here’s how I make this tasty salad:
- 1 cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1 small sweet or red onion sliced and rings pulled apart
- 1 medium to large tomato, chopped
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place the cucumber slices, chopped tomato and the onion slices in a medium sized bowl
- Sprinkle salt and the pepper over the veggies and toss to coat evenly
- Pour in the water and the vinegar and mix
- Store in an airtight container overnight in the fridge
- Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon to serve.
- Store leftovers in your airtight container in the vinegar mixture. Your salad will keep in the fridge for several days.
I can’t wait to make this delicious salad!
p.s. I do have one question, do you ALWAYS remove the skin? I sometimes leave mine on if the cukes are fresh picked or I make them striped by peeling off strips down the cucumber. I also almost NEVER remove the seed! Does that make me bad person?
To View the Next Video in this Series Please Click Here: http://www.monkeysee.com/play/16845-peeling-cucumbers